1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
Shuttaford Barns and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by:
United Kingdom (“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details ( we do not have your payment details personally, they are held encrypted through STRIPE payments), date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about an incomplete booking;
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our letting services.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services
Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service.
We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of our group of companies and their service providers (see also section 6 below);
- credit/debit card companies;
- Stripe payments
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal right
6. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas including the USA.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the European Economc Area then we will always use a lawful method to do so. In the case of transfers to the USA this may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission. In the case of transfers to other countries outside the European Economic Area then this will be an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
7. Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below:
Or by email to: email@example.com
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
11. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We do not monitor phone calls
12. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
13. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
Dated: July 2018